1. Set time.
The Launch CRecorder is a real-time data logger—hence, its internal clock needs to be set in order to give you the correct time stamp for your data. To set the time on the CRecorder, connect it to your PC via the USB cable and run the client software. Enter the TOOLS menu and click SET TIME.
2. Recording Data
Locate your vehicle’s datalink connector. Insert the CRecorder and start the ignition (this must be done within a minute of inserting the CRecorder). The CRecorder’s indicator light should flash intermittently—this is a sign that communication between your vehicle and the CRecorder is successful. If the light stays on consistently, there is a problem with communication , or your vehicle may not be compatible with the CRecorder.
3. Viewing Data
With the ignition switched OFF, remove the CRecorder and connect it to your PC via the provided USB cable. Run the client software. Click on the Upload icon and data transfer will begin.
A text box prompting you to import the data will appear, click on the Impo rt Data button to begin the import process. Once imported, you will have the option of viewing the data as a graph, data stream, or as events with a time stamp.
4. Once the data has been imported, TAB 1–the REPORT tab–will give you your readiness monitors. To further view and manipulate the data, begin by selecting the file you would like to view within the REPORT tab. These files are found under “Historical .x431 file”
6. After selecting the file, click on the TRIP INFO tab.
7. Next, select the drive session you would like to view by double clicking on it.
8. Clicking on the session will automatically launch the DATA tab. In this tab, you can view time stamped data for each 2 seconds of the drive session. You can also pause, play, rewind and fast forward the data.
9. To view the data in graph form, select the GRAPH tab. In this screen selection, you can view data in 4 fields on the graph.
The parameters for these fields can also be selected by toggling the drop down menu per field. You can also choose to make fields visible or not by checking/un-checking the check box.
10. To view the drive session in playback mode, you will need to ZOOM IN on the data. To do so, simply click on the ZOOM IN Tab and then select PLAY. Again, you can pause the track at any time, as well as rewind and fast forward.
11. Clicking on certain points on the graph will also bring up the EXACT reading/ measurement per field selected.
12. Deleting Data
After connecting the CRecorder to your PC and running the client software, select TOOLS and then FORMAT CRECORDER. This will erase all current data that is stored in the CRecorder. The CRecorder stores data in 24 hour increments. It will also automatically record over previous data once the 24 hr. time period is reached.